Thursday, May 21, 2009

This picture is of my shop a while ago the table in the fore ground has been made by a local furniture designer Stewart Alps. I would love him to do more items but he is unsure if he is going to stay in the state. I guess we will have to wait and see.
Durance is a french product that i sell in the store. The jug is hand made.

The linen range is from Villa Maison, the carved heart is made in Africa by a guy called Jo Jo, meeting him hopefully in August. I will feature more of his works and keep you posted with more information on how his community is now doing in Africa.


The linen aprons with a ruffle around the bottom are gorgeous and are selling for $75. The scissors are also handy in the kitchen and garden



q After a day in the garden i have noticed just how much damaged my naughty sheep have done. Must fix that hole in the stone wall; very frustrating. Working in store tomorrow so hopefully it will be a good day. Thanks to Ness Lockyer for her support and source of inspiration; without her i probably wouldnt be blogging right now. She introduced me to the world of blogs and is without doubt the blogging queen in Tasmania. I think she is going to do a feature on my new blog. Thanks again Ness you are a great person.




7 comments:

Katrina said...

Popping in from Ness' blog. You should open an online store! Love love love your shop :)

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I am so glad Ness introduced us to you! I wish that I could visit your store! It's probably best that we do live so far away -- I'm quite sure I would get into much trouble if I had access to your store and its beautiful things! :)

Your home and gardens are perfectly enchanting -- I actually found myself wondering "could such a place truly exist?" Oh the beauty you live among!

Thanks for starting your blog -- can't wait to see your future posts (and pictures!!). :)

Ruth

Ness Lockyer said...

See I told you!!! haha=)
You will be a hit Amanda and thank you for your kind words. I am going to have to come in for a visit. I just noticed that M in your window!!!
Have a great weekend,
Ness xx mwah!

kate said...

Hi, I came over From Ness blog. Love your shop, welcome to blog land , it is so great to make new friends everyday!!!
Come over and visit us!!
kate

Annie said...

I also come to you from Ness' blog. What a magical shop and home you have. I have added your blog to my blog list and look forward to visiting The Vintage Rose often.

Annie from Texas

AnNicole@Our Suburban Cottage said...

Ness sent me over too (don't you love her?). I love your store and can't wait to see more of your home and your great finds!

FrenchBlue said...

Welcome Amanda!
I am from the Ness world! I love your shop, your house, and style.
I can't wait to see more!
xo's
Janet